Thursday, March 23, 2006

WORLD BUSINESS THINKERS

MY "GURUS":
THE WORLD TOP 50 BUSINESS THINKERS
By
Allan Dumbong

While I was in a mid of a seminar (seminar on Intellectual Property Rights) this morning, I received a phone call from a friend who has just completed her Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) Program from the University of South Australia. She asked me whether I had any idea about one new business idea "blue ocean strategy" and whether I would be interested to give a talk to a group of Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) leaders on the subject matter. I know its a new idea, and quickly I searched in the internet to know more about the subject matter. You know what, besides learning about the "blue ocean strategy", I also came to know a group of thinkers that have been moving the world.
I came accross one website (www.thinkers50.com) by accident this morning. I think today, I made another step towards progress, and from now onwards I think I won't be the same. After going through the brief biographies of the world's top 50 thinkers, I think I have completed another MBA course. Their thoughts are so powerful, and combined together, you'll probably find the best brains in the world.
The purpose of me posting this blog is to invite and encourage my fellow friends, readers of this blog, and particularly my fellow Kadazandusun youngminds to visit the website, read the biographies of the top 50 thinkers, and further follow-up by reading their books, articles, speeches etc. Who knows, one fine day in the near future, we would have our own Kadazandusun on the top 50.
So, here is the list of current Top 50 Thinkers (The number in the bracket indicate their previous rankings):

Ranking

Name
1
Michael PORTER (2)
2
Bill GATES (20)
3
CK PRAHALAD (12)
4
Tom PETERS (3)
5
Jack WELCH (8)
6
Jim COLLINS (10)
7
Philip KOTLER (6)
8
Henry MINTZBERG (7)
9
Kjell NORDSTRÖM & Jonas RIDDERSTRÅLE (21)
10
Charles HANDY (5)
11Richard BRANSON (34)
12Scott ADAMS (27)
13Thomas A. STEWART (37)
14
Gary HAMEL (4)
15Chan KIM & Renée MAUBORGNE (31)
16
Kenichi OHMAE (19)
17Patrick DIXON (46)
18
Stephen COVEY (16)
19
Rosabeth MOSS KANTER (9)
20Edward DE BONO (35)
21
Clayton CHRISTENSEN (22)
22
Robert KAPLAN & David NORTON (15)
23
Peter SENGE (14)
24Ram CHARAN (-)
25Fons TROMPENAARS (50)
26Russ ACKOFF (-)
27
Warren BENNIS (13)
28
Chris ARGYRIS (18)
29Michael DELL (33)
30Vijay GOVINDARAJAN (-)
31Malcolm GLADWELL (-)
32Manfred KETS DE VRIES (43)
33Rakesh KHURANA (-)
34Lynda GRATTON (41)
35Alan GREENSPAN (42)
36
Edgar H SCHEIN (17)
37Ricardo SEMLER (36)
38DON PEPPERS (48)
39Paul KRUGMAN (40)
40Jeff BEZOS (39)
41Andy GROVE (26)
42Daniel GOLEMAN (29)
43Leif EDVINSSON (-)
44
Jim CHAMPY (25)
45
Rob GOFFEE and Gareth JONES (-)
46Naomi KLEIN (30)
47Geert HOFSTEDE (47)
48Larry BOSSIDY (-)
49Costas MARKIDES (-)
50Geoffrey MOORE (38)

Dear friends, I hope I have delivered a noble service today by sharing the new ideas and information about some strategic thinkers around the world. I hope you'll learn from them as well.

1 comment:

Desmond Douglas Jerukan said...

W wish they all had blogs :)